ZFA Camp with PennState coach George Abashidze Dec 26, 2015 – Dec 31, 2015
Our coaching staff designed fencing camp for fencers who want to work hard and be better fencer.
Also, it will be great possibility for any fencer, of any age to learn and develope fencing skills.
– George Abashidze is in his fifth year at Penn State and brings a long list of collegiate and international coaching experience with him.
A former member of the USSR’s National Foil Team, Abashidze’s team competed in numerous inter
national tournaments and he won his nation’s foil crown as an athlete. Before coming to the United States, George coached the Georgian National Team.
Abashidze came to the United States and coached club fencing in Portland, Ore., before taking an assistant coach position at Ohio State. While in Columbus, Abashidze helped Ohio State’s foilists win five NCAA individual titles.
Among his athletes were Olympians Monica DeBruin and Hanne Thompson, a teammate of Penn State’s Doris Willette, on the silver medal-winning U.S. women’s foil team at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
– Mickey (Miodrag) Zeljkovic was an assistant coach at University of Pennsylvania for four years.
Currently he is National USA Wheelchair coach and an active USA Fencing referee.He has more than 20 years of coaching experience and he coached students of all ages and all fencing levels. He was a multiple National Champion and a former National coach of Yugoslavia,Serbia and Kuwait.
– Jelena Zeljkovic is a physical education teacher with more than fifteen years of coaching experience. She coached students of all ages and all fencing levels. Currently, she is an active USA Fencing referee. She was a Multiple National Champion.
These ZFA Winter Camp will provide students with:
– advanced weapon-specific drills,
– competitive/ tactical discussions,
– on-strip feedback to specific bouting situations, and
– advanced footwork and conditioning exercises.
The camp will have a special focus on competitive tactical development.
Camp is designed to develop the serious, competitive fencer.
Participants must have full working set of electrical equipment.
Each fencer enrolled in camp must be a member of the United States Fencing Association as competitive or non-competitive member.
Campers should provide lunch by them self.
$450 for entire 6days ZFA Winter Camp.
$150 for one day camp.
– 09:00am -12:00pm -Morning practice
– 12:00pm-1:00pm- Lunch time
– 1:00pm-3:00pm – Afternoon practice
WELCOME to ZFA – 541 Davisville Rd., Willow Grove, 19090 PA.
More info : 215-479-1286